Warm woolen mittens....


I apologize if the title has you humming already :) 
Happy Saturday! It was a GORGEOUS day here. Love this time of year :)
Not much to share - had a great, relaxing day full of routine things. But routine is nice after busy schedules and other occurrences, so I'll take it :)

Got a card for the latest Raspberry Suite color challenge #19.
 
  
 
Weren't those Pioneer Woman T-shirts awesome (and the models did a wonderful job of showing them off :)). I love the colors. After reading Dawn and Nichole's blogs, I visited her site and spent hours there. The way she writes is so captivating and I love how much she adores her hubby and family. She's so incredibly talented - writer, photographer, chef.... wow! Inspiring lady!
I was bound and determined to turn those awesome colors into a Christmas card. I sat there for a while trying to come up with a concept then I thought of striped woolen mittens I wore when I was younger.

So they were the inspiration. I just cut strips of raspberry fizz, spring moss, aqua mist and lavender moon, taped them to a thin piece of paper, stitched the pieces together, stamped the mittens from Snowfall (Papertrey Ink) in versamark then heat embossed with clear powder. Finally, I cut them out and adhered to my card. I really love how it turned out :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!
TTFN,

------------------------------------
Ingredients (all PTI unless otherwise stated):
Stamps: Snowfall, Stocking prints (sentiment), Background basics: retro
Ink: versamark
Paper: Spring moss, raspberry fizz, aqua mist, dark chocolate, lavender moon
Other: raspberry fizz ribbon, rhinestones (colored with YG95 copic marker), sewing machine, clear embossing powder.

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.