A non-traditional valentine

Evening folks.
It's so nice to be back creating, although I must admit, ideas are flowing s-l-o-w-l-y. Think my brain is still on vacation :)
I managed to sit down a create a valentine's card for my sweet, sweet husband. He's definitely not into "frilly" so I kept it pretty CAS. Although, I am pretty sure he'd say he liked anything I made, even if it was pink and girl-ified to the Nth degree. Probably wouldn't even get much of a reaction from him so it wouldn't even be fun to do it as a joke :) He's so supportive - trust me, I thank my lucky stars every single day :)
On to the card.... 









Of course I had to incorporate a few challenges :) First is the Just Us Girls Challenge #15, which was to use stitching on a card, while the color inspiration came from the Play Date Cafe's Creativity Challenge #11 (gold, silver, black and white). I thought those colors could lend themselves well to a masculine card. I distressed the edges of the paper for a bit of texture. 
Well, it has been a nice, relaxing but productive weekend. Productive aside from Saturday, which was spent watching football. I'm a Jets fan and my hubs is a Cowboys fan so the weekend was good to us! Go Jets and Cowboys!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
TTFN,

----------------------------------------
Ingredients (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise stated):
Stamps: Polka Dot Basics, Inkadinkadoo sentiment
Ink: Colorbox gold, versamark
Paper: True black, Stampers select white, Silver and gold (DCWAV), vellum
Other: White embroidery thread, clear embossing powder

Posted in , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.