Spring has indeed sprung

The weather has been so beautiful here in east TN the past week - until today. It's been raining and a bit cooler - but I won't complain. Who knows what the rest of the summer will be like in terms of rainfall so bring it on. I love this time of year - the cherry blossoms, pear blossoms, daffodils, etc- just FAN-TABULOUS!



The dogs were super excited to spend more time outside running around - actually Freya was supposed to be in the picture above but she was running so much I couldn't get a good picture :) Remember yellow dog in the movie "Funny Farm"? That's our Freya :)

Managed to swing some extra time in the craft room this week (SW-EET!), so I have a few cards to share today.
The first card is for the most recent Colour Q challenge.


It also qualifies for Crazy 4 Challenges - use kraft (I think it stipulated to use it as the base but oh well). I was going for a gradient effect - which I think may have been more effective if I'd angled it. Note to self, for next time. Aren't those some fun colors?!

The next card uses the most recent Annabelle Stamps Sketch and colors for this week's Color Throwdown (my first time participating in this challenge too). The colors said baby girl to me so that's what I went with.




I colored the outline alphabet and the base of the cupcake with my new Spica glitter pens! I was so excited to finally get them - the delay in purchase was one of my few brief moments of self-restraint :)
Loving them!!! The paper I used as equivalents includes - Hibiscus burst (pink), soft stone (grey) and spring moss (soft olive); all from PTI.
Thanks so much for stopping by! I really appreciate the visits and comments!

TTFN,
 
 --------------------------------------------
Ingredients (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise stated): 
SENDING YOU CARD
Stamps: Big and Bold Wishes, Background Basics: Tin Types
Ink: Enchanted evening, Hawaiian shores, orange zest, colorbox white pigment ink
Paper: Enchanted evening, kraft, orange zest, white
Other: Hawaiian shores ribbon, nesties, brads, EK Success border punch


CUTIE PIE CARD
Stamps: Baby button bits, Outlines alphabet
Ink: Hibiscus burst, smokey shadow, spring moss
Paper: Hibiscus burst, spring moss, soft stone (grey)
Other: Nesties, paper piercer, swiss dot CB EF, treading water border punch, sweet blush ribbon, spica glitter pens

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.