Pocket card...something new

Hi ya!
It's rainy here today, and cool. Blech... Perfect crafting weather though :)
The challenge over at Just Us Girls this week is to create a pocket card. I'm not sure how I hadn't made one before today - so much fun! The colors used are from the most recent Play Date Cafe challenge. Love those too - I'm on a roll with true black. This is my third out of my last four in which I've used that card stock. I've always been partial to earth tones, but since card making has entered my life, I've definitely branched out color-wise.

Here's the assembled piece... I'm loving Delightful Dahlia lately. I can't stop using it. By the way, all the materials mentioned will be from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise specified :)


The base is true black, the white card stock was stamped with Background Basics-Text style in sweet blush ink. I masked out a few dahlias then went back and stamped the dahlias in silver Colorbox pigment ink. 

The sentiment is also from Delightful Dahlia. See the new border punch? It's from EK Success (Bracket punch) and what you can't see from the picture is that it also embosses! Love it :)

The other detail hard to see in the pictures is the dry embossing on the tab of the insert and under the sentiment (Cuttlebug damask folder) which has been brush with silver pigment ink.


I masked out the center of the insert and went back to my Text Style background set, which was again stamped in sweet blush ink. I was on a masking kick! The large main dahlia was stamped on sweet blush card stock and embossed with silver embossing powder. I then took R20 (Copic marker) to give it a little dimension.




That's all folks! Thanks so much for stopping by!
TTFN,
 
 --------------------------------------------
Ingredients (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise stated): 
Stamps: Background Basics-Text Style, Delightful Dahlia
Ink: Sweet blush, Memento tuxedo black, versamark, Colorbox silver pigment ink
Paper: Sweet blush, white, true black
Other: Silver embossing powder, sewing machine, copic (R20), Paper Studio metallic embellishment, sweet blush ribbon, EK Success Bracket border punch, Cuttlebug damask embossing folder

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.