Sharing

Happy weekend folks!
No particular challenge today - just going to share a fun project that I was working on recently.
A few weekends ago, the hubby and I spent a very fun weekend with our very good friends for a birthday celebration. As an aside, we ate at a FABULOUS Indian restaurant in Asheville, NC - YUM!


I'm drooling just looking at the picture!
During dinner and the gift exchange, a friend of our friends (still with me? LOL) saw the birthday card I made (below - it was for a masculine recipient) and asked if I would like to make something for their  school's annual Mother's Day sale. Absolutely!


So off I happily went to my craftroom and this is what I came up with. Here is one of the cards and a matching envelope....


And the spectrum of cards I made for the set, all with matching envelopes (not pictured). The design was based on a card I'd done previously for a Just Us Girls Challenge - I liked it so much I decided to go with it again :)

Then came the packaging question - I wanted to make something clear so they could either remove the cards and display them or keep them in the package for folks to see. I don't have acetate cardstock but I did have a plethora of Papertrey Ink stamp packages! So I trimmed one down to suit the 4 1/4x5 1/2 card size - Volia!

I was so happy with how that turned out AND I got to recycle... win-win!
It was super easy too.... I'll take pics next time to show the process. I didn't take any during this first attempt 'cause I was't sure how it would turn out :) To finish it off, I added some hibiscus burst ribbon and a tag with the various sentiments in coordinating colors (in case they want to display the cards in the packaging).
Well, it's been a busy week and I'm due some relaxation time. It's a rainy day here - perfect for time nestled away in my craft room.... choosing to ignore cleaning my very neglected house....
Happy Saturday all! Thanks so much for stopping by!

TTFN,
 
 --------------------------------------------
Ingredients (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise stated): 


Masculine Birthday Card
Stamps: Through the trees
Ink: spring moss, ripe avocado, dark chocolate
Paper: white, dark chocolate
Other: rustic twine, copic marker


Card Set
Stamps: Delightful Dahlia, simple alphabet
Ink: Hibisus burst, spring moss, spring rain, aqua mist, lavender moon, plum pudding, raspberry fizz, ocean tides, enchanted evening, ripe avocado
Paper: Hibisus burst, spring moss, spring rain, aqua mist, lavender moon, white
Other: Sewing machine, Copic markers, buttons (plum pudding, raspberry fizz, ocean tides, enchanted evening, ripe avocado), Papertrey acetate stamp packaging

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.