Blog Candy!

The drawing has closed. Our winner is....


Margaret!!! 

I'll be in touch shortly (but in case you see this before I can contact you - please send me you address via my email address (in the side bar)). Thanks for playing everyone!!!!

***************************************

Howdy friends!
I've got two reasons to celebrate - my birthday is right around the corner and my first year blogiversary was June 1st! I can't believe it's been a year already - I guess time flies when you're having fun :)

To celebrate and to show a little appreciation to all my blogging friends, I'm offering up some BlOg CaNdY!!!
The blog candy includes;
All you have to do to qualify for the blog candy is leave a comment here on this post on or before Thursday, June 10, 2010. I'll randomly select one winner on Friday. Only one comment per person please :)

 Here at home, we've got a long awaited deck remodel happening. I CANNOT wait! Here's what our deck looks like now..


It's nice but this picture was taken in the evening when there's a little shade. Most of the day, it gets direct sunlight which means it gets HOT!!! My Canadian blood can't handle it :) So our new deck will have a screened-portion and a smaller, unscreened area for grilling, etc. I can't wait to be able to sit outside more! Even nicer still, the trees you see in the picture will be unharmed. Some of the bushes to the right of the existing deck may need to be moved, but it will be minimal. Sweet!
Here's day 1 - deconstruction....


Here's day 3 - getting framed...


I'm so darn excited :)

We also got our garden up and running (a couple of weeks ago now) - our first attempt at gardening :) Our next door neighbour is a landscaper and all-around-awesome plant guy and is sharing the garden with us in exchange for his knowledge and green thumb :) Here's Tracy getting the tomato plants all set up...


I LOVE homegrown tomatoes and am SO looking forward to tomato-y goodness :) We've also got green peppers, zucchini, squash, and cucumber - if they all continue to grow ok :) We got a bit of a late start and sadly didn't get lettuce in the ground in time.

Sorry for the long post - LOL! Just thought I'd share! Thanks so much for stopping by and be sure to leave a comment for the blog candy (if you haven't forgotten about the blog candy by the time you got to the end of my loooooong post :))!

TTFN,
 

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.