Template Challenge: JUGS 43

Saturday, YAY!!!! I am SOOO glad the weekend is here! 

To start your weekend off with some fun, Dana is hosting a great template challenge over at Just Us Girls

For this template challenge, JUGS is welcoming back Kelleigh Ratzlaff of Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs
Kelleigh is offering up a $10 gift certificate to one lucky participant this week - all the more reason to get busy with your templates! Use any template you wish; if you don't own any there are a number of free ones available - here's a free one from Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs

Kelleigh generously provided the JUGS DT with a template and I chose this wonderful Gable Box


What I love about the gable box template is that it is easy to assemble, very sturdy and self closing.


It was easy, peasy - I just printed out the template on my patterned paper (on the back so the lines wouldn't show), cut it out, scored an assembled. It literally took less than 10 minutes for the basic box! I used sei dill blossom patterned paper for the box base, then used spring moss and berry sorbet (PTI) card stock. The little tag on the gable box came with the package of sei paper.

Here's a closer look at my card...


I used a technique I saw first on Betsy Veldman's blog HERE. The flowers are die cut from the same color as the underlying paper - what a cool, pseudo-embossing effect! I had a lot of fun making this set - it just all sort of fell in place :) I actually made this with a specific, hand-made gift in mind. I don't have it completed yet, but I'll share it when I get it done.

If you already haven't, see the JUGS site for all the challenge deets. Don't forget to swing by the blogs of the other JUGS DT gals and show them a little love :) Their links are posted on the side bar of my blog. Debbie Marcinkiewicz is our guest designer this month, so make sure you check out her gorgeous creation as well!

Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls - we love seeing your creations and always appreciate your support! 

Hope you all have a great weekend. Thanks so much for stopping by!!!


TTFN,
 
--------------------------------------------
Ingredients (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise stated): 
Stamps: All About You (sentiment)
Ink: (Dark chocolate, berry sorbert)
Paper: berry sorbet, spring moss, rustic cream, sei dill blossom DP
Other: Spring moss ribbon, berry sorbet buttons, beautiful blooms #3 dies, Fiskars scalloped border punch, Gable Box template (Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs)

Posted in , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.