Spotlight!

Looking for my JUGS post? Scroll down or click HERE :)


Quick post - so tired. We have been laying subfloor for tile on our new deck all day and I'm wiped :) Tomorrow we lay the tile - YAY!

Here's a card for the latest Play Date Cafe color challenge. My fav - the color splash! This time it's black, white and a splash of green.



The green I chose for my color splash is PTI's New Leaf - such a fun, fresh green. Since we are currently remodeling, I decided I wanted to make a home-y card. It occurred to me that the color splashes challenges are perfect for a spotlight technique :) Love this technique - I've seen it used so effectively by other card makers.

The stamp set is Boards and Beams from PTI and it is one of my favs, although I haven't used it in quite a while. First, I stamped the tall house three times in smokey shadow ink on soft stone card stock. Then I stamped another house on white paper in black ink and colored it with my copics in colors to co-ordinate with New Leaf. The house was then cut out with an oval nestie and popped up on dimensionals. Hope you like it!

This card also qualifies for the following challenges;
Simon Says Stamp - going dotty
Stamp-n-doodle - anything goes


Anywho, off to bed :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!
 TTFN,
  
--------------------------------------------
Ingredients (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise stated): 
Stamps: Boards and beams, polka dot basics II
Ink: Tuxedo black (Memento), smokey shadow, Versamark
Paper: True black, soft stone, white, new leaf
Other: Copics (YG13, YG14, YG17; C1, C3, C5, C7), sewing machine, clear embossing powder, oval nesties

Posted in , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.