Wishing you all the best


Aren't the PDC colors fantastic?!?! 
I've said it before and I'll say it again - I LOVE the Waltzing Mouse sketches!!! They're CAS but you can really interpret them in so many ways. 


My take on the WM sketch isn't the long card suggested by the sketch; I stuck to a more traditional format. I'm a wimp when it comes to differently shaped cards for some odd reason. I stamped on vellum in white ink and colored on the opposite side. I really love vellum - so many different effects and a nice way to soften the look of a card. I used Copics to color on the vellum. I also dusted off the seam binding - oh how I missed you, dear friend :) I colored it with a combo of Copic markers and Waterfall glimmer mist for a two toned effect. It was quite dark in places and looked somewhat tie-dyed so I added a bit of colorless blender to soften it some. Back to my trusty ol' sewing machine to top 'er off and voila!

I've got a Spencer update: It's been a long couple of weeks (3 and a half to be exact) for the big brown dog. His wound was healing really slowly so he had another surgery last Wednesday for a skin graft. We're a few bandage changes in a things are looking *fingers crossed* pretty good. The surgery crew always treat him to fun, colorful bandages too - here's a picture of him with his little Canadian bandage honor of our homeland :) (this one was taken before his skin graft - his bandage is considerably bigger now);



Such a good boy! Although, I am a bit biased ;)

Thanks so much for stopping by!

TTFN,
--------------------------------------------
Ingredients (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise stated):
Stamps: Delightful dahlia, Fillable frames 4, Year of Flowers: Sweet peas
Ink: Aqua mist, blue (colorbox), white (colorbox)
Paper: Kraft, vellum, vintage cream
Other: copic markers (B45, BG34), seam binding, waterfall glimmer mist, aqua mist button, fillable frames #4 die, sewing machine

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.