3D Holiday Embellishment - JUGS 61

Hidy Ho!!! Time for a new Just Us Girls 3D challenge! Our talented hostess, Kristin is challenging us to make a project with a 3D holiday embellishment :)

I altered a kraft paper bag for my project. 

    I stamped the background in Hawaiian shores and scarlet jewel ink. The DP is Eskimo Kisses from Basic Grey. I matched it with sweet blush and simply chartreuse cardstock. I stamped the sentiment in scarlet jewel on vellum and placed it over top. To make it stand out a little more, I placed a die cut piece of kraft behind the vellum. I folded the top of the bag over, punched two holes and threaded aqua mist ribbon through.


    My 3D embellie is this tree ornament I made from PTI felt cut with the Christmas Tree die. I stitched it with brown embroidery thread - I think it looks a bit like a Franken-tree - LOL!!! But it's kinda cute I guess :) Attach a few buttons and a little bow at the top and Voila!


    This is such a fun challenge! I can't wait to see what folks come up with for their 3D embellie!!!!

    If you already haven't, see the JUGS site for all the challenge deets. Don't forget to swing by the blogs of the other JUGS DT gals and show them a little love :)


    Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls - we love seeing your creations and always appreciate your support! 

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    TTFN,

     --------------------------------------------
    Ingredients (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise stated):
    Stamps: Background basics: Christmas, Tree Trimming Trio - sentiment
    Ink: Scarlet jewel, Hawaiian shores
    Paper: Sweet blush, simply chartreuse, kraft bag
    Other: simply chartreuse felt, brown embroidery thread, Christmas tree die, scarlet jewel, pure poppy, sweet blush, aqua mist buttons, medium scallop border die, sewing machine, red string, aqua mist ribbon

    Posted in , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

    Search

    Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.