Valentine Container: JUGS #68


Happy Saturday all!!


Lisa's hosting this week's Just Us Girls 3D/Template Challenge and she's got a good one! The challenge this week is to create a Valentine's container - with Valentine's Day around the bend, think of a sweet person you'd like to surprise with a home-made gift!

So, onto my project.  I found this adorable, free heart cone template HERE and I jazzed it up with DP from my hoard. I'm a patterned paper hoarder. The first step is admitting it... I love patterned paper yet I never seem to know how to use it effectively unless it's one pattern at a time :) So I collect it.
But I did have this adorable paper from American Crafts Romance collection (probably from last year sometime... told you... I hoard :)).


I made a card with a dark chocolate base and the pretty DP on top - pretty simple. Adorned it with a felt heart, some buttons and twine. Added a sentiment to belie the contents of the cone.... yummy, Hershey's kisses :) Time for some close-ups....


Here's the cute little cone (again, I found the free, printable template HERE ). You can see roughly how big it is based on a comparison with the 4.25x5.5 card in the picture above - it holds a decent amount of kisses (sorry, I could have counted but was in a rush :(...). I added a few felt hearts, buttons and twine again. I thought about adding more embellishments but I loved that paper so much that I didn't want to cover it up :) Plus, I'll likely give it to my friend, who's not really a frilly, girly girl :)


If you already haven't, see the JUGS site for all the challenge deets. Don't forget to swing by the blogs of the other JUGS DT gals and show them a little love :)


Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls - we love seeing your creations and always appreciate your support! 

Thanks so much for stopping by!

TTFN,

 --------------------------------------------
Ingredients:
Stamps: Heart print basics (PTI)
Ink: Dark chocolate (PTI)
Paper: Dark chocolate (PTI), Patterned paper (American Crafts)
Other: bakers twine (The twinery), heart print dies (PTI), raspberry fizz felt (PTI), Cream and pure poppy buttons (PTI), corner rounder

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.