CAS-ual Fridays Inaugural Challenge

For my DeNami Blog Hop post, click HERE :)
For my CR84FN post, click HERE :)

For my JUGS post, please click HERE :)


For my DeNami Sketch challenge post, please click HERE :)



Been waiting for the very first, brand-spanking-new CAS-ual Fridays challenge and I am so excited I got to play along!!! What a great challenge blog and what a super talented, inspiring DT!!! Congrats ladies on your inaugural challenge!

Yep, I sure am excited :)




The challenge is to use text prominently on the card.

I decided to go with a square card. I started by masking a circle on the card front. Then I stamped marigolds multiple times in versamark and heat embossed in white. Then I stamped text in brown ink. I used Marigold and Scattered straw distress inks  in the masked circle - oh yes, I am addicted to distress inks :)



The colors I based on a marigold I had colored a while back and figured this would be the perfect opportunity to use it! I forgot to take a pic of the Copic markers I used to color the marigold but they are Y13, Y35 (for the yellow tips), E08, YR14 (for the main part of the flower).

That's it :) I really like the way it turned out and wish I had colored enough marigolds to make a set… must remember to do this another time :)

Hope you all have a happy Monday (blech!!!!) :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!

TTFN,
Ingredients
Stamps: Year of flowers: Marigold, Background basics: text style, Mat Stack 2- sentiment (all PTI)
Ink: Dark chocolate (PTI), versamark, Scattered Straw, Marigold (distress inks)
Paper: White
Other: White embossing powder, banner die (PTI)

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.