Everyday is a gift


For my DeNami Product Challenge, click HERE.
For my CR84FN post, click HERE.
For my JUGS post, click HERE.


I was having one of those days.

You're probably thinking I mean a bad day.

Not at all. Instead, it was a day where I experienced a bit of perspective. Those are good days :) Tend to lose that perspective once and a while.

I was walking my boy, Spencer this afternoon. It was drizzling a little the air was cool. I breathed deeply and smelled the honeysuckle - gosh I love that smell. Spencer was trotting around sniffing; he loves these little walks. And I reflected as we walked and realized how much I loved it too. I have so much to be thankful for and life is wonderful.

I need those kind of moments on occasion.

So I made a card to reflect my contemplative mood :)

It's for the latest Make It Monday Challenge (to make your own glimmer mist) and Play Date Cafe color challenge.


Here's my card.


I made my own glimmer mist using perfect pearls (white) and a few drops of Simply Chartreuse mixed with water in a mini mister. I spritzed it over watercolor paper - I think it helped the color look a little richer although it is harder to see the glimmer. I took a pic to try to show the glittery sheen...


Before stamping the leaves, I kissed the inked up leaves (smokey shadow) against a damask pattern stamp. Sadly, the damask pattern didn't make it onto the paper… it still looks kinda neat :) I used dark grey cardstock to outline the watercolor paper and light grey (soft stone) as the base (sorry, it doesn't show up well against the white background… a duh moment LOL!). 

I colored the seam binding with Glimmer Mist… and spilled some. Below is the result of my clean up efforts...


LOL! It's faded a bit now but still pretty funny :) Anywho, I've gone on long enough! Have a great day. Don't forget to take a moment to look around and take in life :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!

TTFN,

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.