JUGS #97 - Alter a Notebook

For my DeNami Rainbow card, click HERE.


How about an awesome challenge; something different. Something really fun? Are ya with me?

Over at Just Us Girls, the lovely Maria has just such a challenge lined up…

Alter a notebook!!! 


But before we get to my notebook, one of our sweet JUGheads has a birthday this coming week!!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PAMMYCAKES!!! 
Hope it's your best one yet, sweetie!!! Celebrate in style!!! Make sure to swing by Pam's blog and wish her the best birthday EVAH!!!


The inspiration for Pam's card came from Nichole Heady's card HERE - LOVE it!!!

Onto my altered notebook… hang on for loads of pics :)


Here's my notebook. I didn't take pics as I went (DOH!) so I'll explain how I got it to this stage.

I took a recycled notebook like this one…



… then painted the spine of the notebook with Burnt Umber Acrylic Paint (from Folk Art). Then I cut two 12x12 sheets of DP down to 6.75" and 9.75". The DP still needed to be trimmed a bit after this point but it was really close. Then I took fabulous Modge Podge (I used the matte finish), put a layer on the notebook cover then laid the DP on top. I trimmed any excess DP from around the edges of the cover then added another layer of Modge Podge.


Then I added ribbon, leaving a little loop for a pen :) 


See the inside of the pen? It matches the notebook - I took a little 1" piece of DP and slipped it inside the pen. Too CUTE!


And what project would be complete without a matching card? 


Here's a close-up of the detail on the card.  I would LOVE to get more of this DP - it's Enlightened from My Mind's Eye and I LOVE it!!! Buuuut, it's not made anymore :( *sniff*

And here's the entire ensemble together...


If you already haven't, see the JUGS site for all the challenge deets. Don't forget to swing by the blogs of the other fabulous JUGS DT gals and show them a little love :)


Hope you find time to play along with Just Us Girls - we love seeing your creations and always appreciate your support! 

Thanks so much for stopping by!

TTFN,
Signature
Pam's card Altered Notebook

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.